Truth, proof and communication
21 – 22 June 2021
Supported by the European Research Council.
- Aybüke Özgün (ILLC, Amsterdam)
- Francesco Genco (IHPST, Paris)
- Leïla Bussière-Caraes (ILLC, Amsterdam)
- Yuta Takahashi (IHPST, Paris)
- Giorgio Sbardolini (ILLC, Amsterdam)
- Francesca Poggiolesi (IHPST, Paris)
The EXPRESS-IHPST online workshop Truth, proof and communication, jointly organised by the European Research Council project EXPRESS (grant agreement no. 758540) and the IHPST, brings together researchers from the ILLC at the University of Amsterdam and IHPST, UMR 8590, CNRS and Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne. It will take place on 21-22 June from 14 to 18 in the afternoon, and will consist of three talks per day. Each talk will last 60 minutes including discussion, and coffee breaks are planned in between talks.
Monday 21 June
- 14.00 – 15.00: Aybüke Özgün (ILLC): Truthmaker semantics of epistemic logic
- 15.30 – 16.30: Francesco Genco (IHPST): Grounding, quantifiers, and paradoxes
- 17.00 – 18.00: Leïla Bussière-Caraes (ILLC): Communicating with colourings
Tuesday June 22
- 14.00 – 15.00: Yuta Takahashi (IHPST): Fixed point operators: from proof-theoretic semantics to computability
- 15.30 – 16.30: Giorgio Sbardolini (ILLC): Common knowledge and coordination
- 17.00 – 18.00: Francesca Poggiolesi (IHPST): Mathematical explanations: a rigorous analysis via proofs and complexity
The workshop will take place online via Zoom.
Attendance is free and open to all. To register and obtain Zoom details for the workshop, please use the form available here.