NON-ASSERTORIC SPEECH ACTS
28 – 29 January 2021
Supported by the European Research Council (grant agreement no. 758540).
- Leïla Bussière (Amsterdam)
- Laura Caponetto (Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan)
- Fausto Carcassi (Amsterdam)
- Daniel W. Harris (Hunter College, New York)
- Manfred Krifka (ZAS Berlin)
- Craige Roberts (NYU / Ohio State)
- Giorgio Sbardolini (Amsterdam)
Thursday January 28th
- 15h — 16h: Manfred Krifka — Performative Updates and the Modelling of Non-Assertoric vs. Assertoric Speech Acts
- 16h30 — 17h30: Leïla Bussière — Retractions and Common Ground
- 18h — 19h: Daniel W. Harris — Assertions vs Directives
Friday January 29th
- 15h — 16h: Giorgio Sbardolini and Fausto Carcassi — Updates and Boolean Universals
- 16h30 — 17h30: Laura Caponetto — On Refusing
- 18h — 19h: Craige Roberts — Imperatives in a Dynamic Pragmatics [handout]
Abstracts are available here.
The workshop will take place online via Zoom.
Attendance is free. To register please contact us at the email address below. Registered participants will be provided with the necessary details to attend the online meeting.